Monday, November 17, 2008

Creation and Me

I just love my little girl's hair! It's so long and thick. It must be from Ryan, because most kids in my family are born right near bald. Look at those cutie ears!

On another note: We visited Alderwood Community Church yesterday. It was a great church and Ryan and I are pretty sure we're going to settle in there. The SS teacher said something that struck me again this morning. He asked what God had to give up to make the universe. I thought, "well, maybe some dust or something." Then he asked, what did God give up for man? Boy, that sure put a whole new fling on creation for me. When I look at all of creation, the stars, the mountains, flowers, animals, etc., I'm amazed at how awesome our God is, but to put it into perspective, he sacrificed nothing for all that. He did, however, sacrifice Himself for me. He must really think I'm special, 'cause He could have gotten along just fine with just Him and creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment