Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Beautiful, I know!

Clumsy Mommy sat on a wall
Clumsy Mommy had a great fall.
The doctor glued Mommy together again!

Before Saturday I had been marching around the house singing Humpty Dumpty over and over again. Who can blame me? I look like an egg with sticks attached, but what I didn't know was that I was predicting my own future. Saturday evening I was at a wedding reception when I tripped on a rippled rug. Having nothing to hold onto, I went face first into a large, solid table. Fortunately, I landed (other than on my face) on my hands and knees so "little one" suffered nothing, thank the Lord! I was taken to the hospital in an ambulance where the doctor super glued the cut on my forehead back together. Altogether, I aquired three cuts on my face, a fat lip, and a black, swollen eye. I was so glad not to have to have stitches. I've already had 80 stitches on my face and am quite sure I can't afford room for any more (Ha!). Yes, that would make this my fifth visit to the emergency room for injuries to my face.

3 comments:

  1. Stephanie: I'm soooooo glad that you're alright......are you sure you are'nt my real daughter!!!!! I have'nt fallen for awhile but Amy seems to be a regular at it. Seriously, I'm really glad that you're okay....I'm sure it was pretty scarey being nearly ready to have baby "Frank" and all!
    I'm anxiously waiting to hear that you have safely had your baby.
    May God bless....Pastor mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. My poor, poor stephanie!!!
    When are you having a shower?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Stephanie!! I'm So sorry to hear about your fall! My Mom fell down a flight of attic steps a few weeks before I was born - which some may say would definitely explain some of my quirks.. ;) However... she was bruised from head to toe - EXCEPT her whole tummy! So excited to hear about baby! Praying for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete